/*Google*/ /*Hosting*/ Israeli Hip Hop: Cohen | SFCritic Music Blog

Thursday

Israeli Hip Hop: Cohen

For all those that said I should be a fan of Drake, or Asher Roth because I'm Jewish--please. I'm a fan of hip hop, Judaism is a lifestyle. When the two meet sometimes you get Beastie Boys, and that's fresh, and other times you get Paul Barman and that's just out there.

In Israel it felt like there is a strange coolness with finding old, obscure, and underground music. Most of the people I spoke with about music had great taste. A lot of the dive bars made a conscious effort to play unusual gems from the likes of The Clash to Nas.

One group I found that I liked: Cohen. Below is a video for one track I like, which because it's in Hebrew--it's just "one track I like"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin