/*Google*/ /*Hosting*/ Thank you Andy Forrest | SFCritic Music Blog

Wednesday

Thank you Andy Forrest

People ask me, "How do you know so much music?" It's because I listen to others suggestion. After a dinner a while back, Andy Forrest suggested I take a listen to Brian Eno and The Residents. Upon overhearing our conversation, Andy's son, my friend, sighed and stated something like, "He's not going to enjoy it."

Some weeks have passed and I've finally followed up on Andy's suggestions. Brian Eno's "By This River," instantly reminded me of a hip hop song I knew. So I investigated, and sure enough--Living Legends sampled this song. Take a look below.


Then I looked at The Residents, and talk about tripped out shit. Just watch.

Both are good in their own ways. It goes to show, you learn from listening (like the pun?). Thanks Andy.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin