/*Google*/ /*Hosting*/ Nine Korean Woman Cover Brandy | SFCritic Music Blog

Monday

Nine Korean Woman Cover Brandy

After listening to Korean's pop sensation Girl's Generation's "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)," comprised of nine women with eighteen beautiful legs, and nine ridiculous skimpy marine costumes--I heard a deja-vu. This is odd, because I've never listened to Korean music and this single was released within the last month. So where did this deja-vu arise? So I looked into my crates, hoping to find an answer to this puzzlement. Then I found it.

Girl's Generation: "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)"


Brandy, before becoming pregnant and retiring from the limelight, released "Full Moon" off her third album Full Moon. While the chorus structure is entirely different, the melody of the verses in "Full Moon," and "Tell Me Your Wish (Genie)" are similar. In both songs, the first lyric of the first and second bars are held longer with the lyrics in between at twice the speed. They both even begin with the "Boooyy," and then go off in different languages, what do you know. Tell me what you think:

Brandy: "Full Moon"



If you enjoyed this post, check out these:

Dizzie Rascal and Armand Van Helden "Bonkers"

Kid 606 "Mr. Wobble's Nightmare" The Video Exclusive!


Kid Cudi "I Poke Her Face"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin