/*Google*/ /*Hosting*/ SOTD: Raydar Ellis & Quite Nyce "Love Is" | SFCritic Music Blog

Thursday

SOTD: Raydar Ellis & Quite Nyce "Love Is"

When writing for Betterpropaganda.com, I occasionally cover the SOTD. This is most recent example:


Quite Nyce & Raydar Ellis - "Love Is"




"That’s what love is made of," plays the hook. Reminiscent of Detroit soul, Champs vs. The League deliver a cruising love joint on “Love Is.” Filled with EQ distortions, and softened piano keys the track moves with a coolness like Talib Kweli’s “The Blast.” Comprised of Raydar Ellis and Quite Nyce, the two emcees spit clearly, with lyrics more interesting than “Yo girl I love you, drop them panties.” No, the lyrics are quite nice—filled with positivism like "I radiate a raw form of fresh / it seeps through my pores and beats in my chest." As the track progresses, where most hip hop beats become monotonous, “Love Is” holds together with a piano that pushes the drum pattern into a head bobbing groove.

If you liked this check out:

El Michels Affair: Enter the 37th Chamber

Asher Roth: "I Love College"

N.A.S.A.'s New Album


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin