/*Google*/ /*Hosting*/ Diggin' in the Crates: Gal Costas' "Sao Salvador" | SFCritic Music Blog

Monday

Diggin' in the Crates: Gal Costas' "Sao Salvador"

By Noam Ofir
A few weeks ago while I was walking down the streets of Tel Aviv with a friend, returning empty handed from a record store I frequent, when I noticed this record store I'd never been to. As I began digging through the untouched collection, I found a bunch of dope Brazilian records in good condition (for only $2-3 each!!). I guess there isn't much of a demand here, because this was a steal.

One of the records was Gal Costas' Gal Canta Caymmi. In this record Costa is performing Dorival Caymmi, with the arrangements by Joao Donato.The whole record is chilled, groovy feel, making it feel like you stretch your toes on the beach. This song is called, "Sao Salvador," which Caymmi wrote originally about his hometown where Costa is from as well.

1 comment:

  1. Very dope song..

    That guitar intro would work nice sampled and sped up a tiny bit.. Gonna have to find this somewhere lol..

    Lyrical Militant
    http://www.lyricalmilitant.com - "Free Hip-Hop to Free Your Mind"

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin